Two legs or four.
Everybody loves their Hale Pet Door!
Please note: I have 5 rescued dogs, 3 rescued cats, and am a previous owner of another Hale Door installed in a wall.
Dexter was adopted in 1999 from Pasadena Humane (Los Angeles County)
Minetta was adopted from Wasco Animal Shelter in 2004 (Kern County)
Pepe(2002) and Maggie (2000) were adopted through Heaven Can Wait Animal Rescue (Lebec, California). That rescue is no longer in operation.
I also have 3 cats, 2 shelter rescued , 1 dumped on the streets of Bakersfield.
When we moved to our new house, your company was the first place I thought of in order to get a sturdy pet door based on my prior experience, as well as the traffic that door will have to take.
Just thought I'd let you know.
Many thanks for your great product - I'm looking forward to no more flies in the house.
Kind regards, JoAnne K____
JoAnne K. - Bakersfield, CA
I wanted to let you know we received the door and are very pleased!
The door is great! Your customer service is EXCELLENT!!!!!!
Thank you thank you!
We are adopting a retired greyhound, and to move forward in the adoption process we were required to have a dog door.
Thanks you so much for helping us out.
Jeannete S. - Fresno, CA
This order is perfect, and I look forward to receiving my new dog door. Thank you for your help placing my order, and I am so happy that you will contribute to a very good charity who will help the dogs affected by the midwest floods and tornados.
Kudos to Hale Pet Doors. Again, I thank you. Sincerely, Linda P.
Linda P. - Front Royal, VA
Wow, that's awesome. ("that" referring to our donation through our Rescue Rewards program to the shelter in Summit County) You guys really have a great company! I can't wait to recommend you guys to everyone we know. The door looks great as well, our contractors haven't installed it yet, so I can't wait to see it in operation.
Thanks so much again. We will be contacting you this summer again to purchase the weather protection/house that goes on the outside. We'll determine that once the final grade occurs on the new house.
Jill C. - Dillon, CO
After 20 years of constant use our Hale Pet Door™ Wall Model finally needed one of its two clear flap doors replaced. We are very involved in dog activities so there have always been multiple dogs inside needing access to the outside. The Hale Pet Door™ has been a vital asset in keeping our house dogs happy and exercised, especially when we are not at home to let them out when they needed to go.
Hilarow Kennels is located in the north eastern corner of Oregon where the summers are hot, the winters are cold, and the wind can be frightening. In all but the highest winds the two flap doors stay snuggly in place held by the magnets. If they do start to move then we insert the solid slider door until the worse blowing is over. The air space between the two flap doors of the Wall Model lessen the affect of the outside temperatures on the inside temperatures and the house remains comfortable at where we have set the thermostat.
We would like to commend the Hale Pet Door™ manufacturer for producing a product that has remained in top condition over the years. The Wall Model is of durable construction and looks almost as good as when it was new. It seemed very expensive when we purchased it 20 years ago it but since that time it has proven itself to have been a good investment for our home.
Sincerely, Cynthia H.
Cynthia H. - Pendleton, OR
Our four monsters absolutely love the freedom your door has given them!
First, our Mr. Earl Scruggs…so named after the banjo legend because his hind toes are white like he’s wearing banjo picks! (The wife and I play Bluegrass…she’s the banjo picker and I play the upright doghouse bass). To put matters into perspective, Robbin is 5'9" so she's no tiny girl. That picture was taken when Earl was ten months old. He's four years old now, weighs 206 pounds and is actually a slight bit on the lean side because of his size. I stand an even six feet tall and Earl puts his paws on my shoulders and taps his chin on top of my head!
And here’s the other culprits, siblings Princess Grace Jelly and her brother, Mr. Earl standing at the dutch door. I’m six foot and standing behind them! Then there’s Mr. Dooley who is named after the Dillard’s Bluegrass song and finally, Miss Beanie Cocoa Bean.
All four of my Newfoundlands took to it (their new Hale Pet Door) instantly and no training was necessary. I’ve got one lazy guy that will lay inside with his head hanging out the flaps.
Your door has been a Godsend for us and especially the pups…except when a soaking wet Newfie crawls up on my pillow after he’s been laying in a downpour outside for twenty minutes during the night. It is well used 24/7 as I never have had to use the security panel. The door is protected by an aluminum awning over the door so it hasn’t been subjected to harsh weather. Truly is a phenomenal product. It’s nice to hear the magnets clicking and then check my Nest outdoor cam to see which monster has gone out. I no longer feel like a doorman! It does our heart good to see the difference in the pups now that they have that freedom!!!!
Craig and Robbin S. - Forked River, NJ
Submit Your Pet
Want to submit your pet to our hall of fame? Use this simple form.
Pet Hall of Fame
- Mr. Earl Scruggs, Princess Grace Jelly, Mr. Dooley, Miss Beanie Cocoa Bean - Forked River, NJ
- Doro - Chandler, AZ
- Lola, Oakley and Charley - Parker, Colorado
- Tyrant and Ame - Rockville, Maryland
- Gracie - Arcadia, California
- Amanda and Toby - Waller, Texas
- Sammy and Lucy - Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
- Clyde - Manhattan, Kansas
- Willow, Holly Ann, and Clint - Canon City, CO
- Stella - Spring Valley, California
- Lindsey - San Tan Valley, Arizona
- Leica and Ansel - Spring Valley, California
- Barkley and Twinkie - Prescott, Arizona
- R.I.P. Millie
- Dexter - Valencia, California
- Boston - Las Vegas, Nevada
- Sunshine - Vienna, Virginia
- Shelley and Jackson - Kailua, HI
- Dixie and Gunner - Woodbury, MN
- Jane - Irvine, CA
- Yogi and BooBoo - Lombard, IL
- Joey - Albuquerque, NM
- Stetson and Charley - Kailua, Hawaii
- Jamie - Irvine, CA
- Maddie - Federal Way, WA
- Sylas - Eagle River, AK
- Lucy and Buffy - Arvada, CO
- Tillie - Pine Vista, CO
- Millie - Pine Vista, CO
- Chili - Pine Vista, CO
- Yang and Cooper - Fox Island, Washington
- Lexie and Linc - Little Rock, Arkansas
- Tommy Ray - Dallas, Texas
- Harley and Max - Coconut Creek, Florida
- Kiki - Sedona, Arizona
- Mooshu - Sedona, Arizona
- Cassie - Sarasota, FL
- Titan - Herminie, PA
- Jake - Herminie, PA
- Bear - Hurricane, UT
- Bella - Florence, CO
- Sweet Pea and Oliver - Pacifica, CA
- Uly - Phoenix, Arizona
- The Gang - Valley Center, CA
- Maxwell and Merrick - Santa Fe, New Mexico
- Butters - Gulfport, Mississippi
- Sultan and Callie - Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Rocky - San Antonio, Texas
- Sydnee - San Antonio, Texas
- Audrey and Myles - Waxhaw, North Carolina
- Beau - West Lafayette, Indiana
- Mij and Evan -- Pueblo, Colorado
- Matilda -- Boulder, Colorado
- Victoria and Topsy - Canon City, Colorado
- Kimba -- Saskatchewan, Canada
- Tinkerbelle (and Pete) -- Canon City, Colorado
- Watson & Amanda (Hole in the Wall Gang) -- Montrose, Colorado
- Lisle -- Denver, Colorado
- Gizmo (cat) -- Orange, New Jersey
- Dusty -- Canon City, Colorado
- Sasha -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Misha and Coda -- Greenwood Village, Colorado
- Sarah -- Juneau, Alaska
- She-La -- Glendale, Arizona
- Mojo - Albuquerque, New Mexico
- Mickee -- Canon City, Colorado
- Oz -- Denver, Colorado
- Pancho - Brescia, Italy
- Magda -- Brescia, Italy
- Nicholas -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Matt -- Denver, Colorado
- Max -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Little Bit -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Maggie -- West Chicago, Illinois
- Alex -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Shady -- West Chicago, Illinois
- Baby -- Denver, Colorado
- Wee -- Phoenix, Arizona
- Gizmo (dog) -- Autumn Creek, Colorado
- Sianna - Scottsdale, Arizona
- Pumba -- Autumn Creek, Colorado