When designing our world-class Hale Pet Doors, we considered the needs and desires of dogs and their human companions. We came up with the best dog doors you’ll find anywhere, built with premium materials and great attention to detail.
Here’s What You Want:
Here’s What Your Dog Wants:
There are a few features the best dog doors on the market will have:
1. Top-Quality Construction – Our frames are made from extruded aluminum. We chose this material because it is stronger and more durable than plastic or pressed metal frames. Our dog doors also include:
2. Energy Efficiency and Security – All pet doors should come standard with inside and outside flaps for greater energy efficiency and protection from insects, unwanted animals, and wind.
3. Specially-Designed Panel and Window Models – These models should use double-pane insulated tempered glass for energy efficiency. Single-pane in-glass models and storm window replacement models can use single-pane tempered glass when possible.
4. A Great Warranty – Companies should stand by their products and their installation. Most products should be able to be returned within the first 30 days. Parts and labor should be covered for much longer than that. This is our warranty.
5. Superior Customer Service – You are making an investment in your home and your pet. The customer service you receive should be swift and helpful. We enjoy providing personalized service to customers and their beloved fur babies.
Size matters. Most pet door companies allow you to order a small, medium, large, or extra-large dog door. Most people think they have to get one of those sizes. However, there is more to sizing a dog door.
Hale has 12 standard dog door sizes, with custom sizes available upon request. Learn more about dog door sizes and how to accurately measure your pet. We also have a breed sizing guide to help our customers.
To seal out cold weather, the best dog door option would be multiple layers of weather stripping. This helps to seal any gaps where air might leak.
Look for an interior security cover that can be closed and locked from the inside. Hale offers an optional exterior security cover on some models. For an added layer of protection, we offer our customers a simple security barrier that prevents humans (or larger animals) from entering.
Most brands of dog doors have limited styles and sizes, so they may not suit every dog breed, special need, or unique personality. Our pet doors come in the widest variety of sizes on the market and attachments to accommodate special needs. We can even make custom sizes and configurations. We offer:
Give Hale a try. Our expertly crafted pet door products are made from the highest quality materials right here in the U.S.
Find a professional installer near you